Polyvalence for innovation
Polyvalence and transversality are the essential conditions for innovation. In erasing the virtual boundaries between different areas, it then becomes possible to go beyond what already exists to create something unexpected.
The FiveCo founders are engineers from EPFL, specialized in electronics, embedded programming, mechanics and software development. Each of the founding members is polyvalent and capable of innovating. Since then, the company has integrated new resources, enabling them to diversify their competencies. The particularity of FiveCo is in being able to work with experts in fields other than in engineering, such as designers or artisans, in order to see through all the projects they take on.
Electronics - embedded firmware
Our latest challenges have forced us to develop systems with an ultra-low consumption, thanks to optimized programming in assembly language.
- Digital, analog and mixed electronic circuit design.
- Printed circuit board routing.
- Microcontroller integration (8 to 32bits).
- Sensors and actuator management.
- Power management (standby, battery mode, ...).
- Communication and battery charging by induction.
- Real time programming in assembly language.
- C/C++ complex programming.
- Communication protocols (IP networks, RS232/485, USB, I2C, BlueTooth, IR,...).
The strength of FiveCo is in the conception and capacity to house mechanics and electronics together, from the very beginning of the project.
- 3D mechanical design.
- Electrical motion.
- Linear, rotary guides,...
- Management of serial production.
The great strength of FiveCo is how they expertly master different programming languages from the assembly of an embedded program to a Human-Machine Interface (HMI) that can manage databases.
- Languages : C#, C/C++, Python, JAVA, Visual Basic…
- XCode, .NET, Xamarin,...
- Human interfaces.
- Mobile application for Apple (iOS) and Android devices
We shouldn’t be afraid of marrying up technology and aesthetics to get a finished product. That is what we did for Art of Secret and Mémoire du Vin.
- Integration of design concepts from the initial stages of the project.
In order to obtain the best of Swiss quality, we have sought to collaborate with recognized and talented craftsmen.
- Collaboration with exceptional craftsmen: boxmakers, glass makers, cabinet makers, ...